15 Jun Best Buddies blossoming in The Villages, FL
If you have a Special Needs adult child living with you in The Villages, FL, we encourage them to come see what all the excitement is about at Best Buddies
Mike Koss, Founder of KEVADVOTECH introduces Jack Wood, who launched and leads a citizens chapter of Best Buddies.
Best Buddies International is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, leadership development, and inclusive living for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). The IDD community that Best Buddies serves includes, but is not limited to, people with Down syndrome, autism, Fragile X, Williams syndrome, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury and other undiagnosed disabilities.
In the interview, Jack shares:
– How Best Buddies has quickly gained popularity within the special needs community in The Villages, FL
– How to get your special needs loved one involved in Best Buddies
– Heart-warming stories about how the ‘buddies’ have fun while often displaying some of their amazing talents during the monthly activities night
– How this local chapter raised nearly $13k during the annual Friendship Walk, earning them the 2022 “Community Top Donating Team Trophy”
– Highlights of the passionate and dedicated team of volunteers Jack has recruited to make this local organization so amazing for its members